The intelligent solution for hospice EMR
Discover how Brightree Hospice can help your hospice organization improve efficiency, maximize compliance, and provide better patient care using EMR software.
With a cloud-based back-office system that helps optimize quality assurance, billing, and reimbursements, Brightree Hospice provides the visibility teams need to ensure adherence to best practices and regulatory requirements. A native iPad® app for clinicians to document at the point of care rounds out a comprehensive EHR/EMR solution, and helps deliver the kind of exceptional care today’s organizations require.
Everything you need
With Brightree Hospice software, and our native iPad® point-of-care app, you get full support for the administrative, financial, and clinical functions of your business.
Brightree’s Hospice EMR solutions have best practices built in, to guide users successfully through each process, step-by-step the first time, whether it’s patient intake and plan-of-care documentation, or billing and reimbursement.
The impact of Brightree's Hospice EMR
Learn about the benefits of Brightree's EMR directly from our customers.
Optimize your process
- Thorough hospice documentation drives more accurate claims, and guards against denials and takebacks.
- Proactive alerts and task hotlists maximize the accuracy of clinical and patient information—before a claim is dropped.
- Built-in rules and validations deliver cleaner claims and improved billing accuracy, before submission.
Work more efficiently
- Documentation that’s complete, accurate, and compliant from the start dramatically reduces quality assurance workload.
- Digital referrals, forms, and patient records eliminate paper, streamline workflows, and make filing and general administrative work more efficient.
- A comprehensive dashboard with key performance indicators and hundreds of customizable clinical, business, and financial reports keeps you on top of your business goals.
- Built-in alerts push time-sensitive tasks to the right people, streamlining operations and keeping everyone on track.
- Centralized patient information puts the whole care team on the same page, streamlining coordination.
- Our web-based hospice platform eliminates the need for software updates and costly IT infrastructure.
- Built-in best practices—courtesy of CareTouch Logic™—include Hospice Item Set (HIS) with required notations whenever visits are opened or closed, for added protection against RAC, ZPIC, and audits with financial penalties.
- Rules-based EMR processes prevent scheduling without prior order or authorization, so compliance is optimized.
- A web-based system delivers clinical and regulatory updates automatically for seamless, worry-free updates.
- Alerts and hotlists allow staff to proactively identify issues, address them, and meet time-sensitive regulatory requirements.
Improve patient care
- Mandatory logic-based questions and workflows help clinicians document directly against the care plan, highlighting plan progress and improving both visit documentation and compliance.
- Hospice-specific clinical content and functionality is included for all disciplines, so care plans are easier to build.
- Nursing and social work disciplines can also drive patient assessment, treatment, and documentation with regard to problems or interventions defined in the care plan.
- Centralized patient information keeps the whole team on the same page enabling them to provide the highest quality care.
- Automated patient updates and histories are documented by discipline, so care teams are always coordinated.
Take control of your billing
- Decrease bill submission times with thorough clinical point-of-care documentation.
- Real-time billing eliminates the wait for nightly batch billing so you can get paid faster. You can also address claim hold issues instantly to keep up with the payer’s timeline requirements.
- With support for over 2,000 payers including Medicare and Medicaid, you can increase your payer mix.