This privacy notice for Brightree Mobile Delivery TransportACE (“Mobile Delivery TransportACE”) describes how and why Brightree LLC (“Brightree
”, or “our
”) might collect, store, use, and/or share (“process
“) your information when you use our services (“Services
“), such as when you:
- Download and use our mobile application (Mobile Delivery TransportACE), or any other application of ours that links to this privacy notice
- Engage with us in other related ways
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you register on the Services, express an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and Services, when you participate in activities on the Services, or otherwise when you contact us. Personal Information Provided by You.
The Personal Information that we use depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Services, the choices you make, and the products and features you use. The Personal Information we use may include the following: Sensitive Information.
When necessary, with your consent or as otherwise permitted by applicable law, we process the following categories of sensitive information: Application Data.
If you use our application(s), we also may collect the following information if you choose to provide us with access or permission:
- Geolocation Information. We may request access or permission to track location-based information from your mobile device, either continuously or while you are using our mobile application(s), to provide certain location-based services. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings.
- Mobile Device Access. We may request access or permission to certain features from your mobile device, including your mobile device’s calendar, SMS messages, and other features. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings.
- Mobile Device Data. We automatically collect device information (such as your mobile device ID, model, and manufacturer), operating system, version information and system configuration information, device and application identification numbers, browser type and version, hardware model Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, and Internet Protocol (IP) address (or proxy server). If you are using our application(s), we may also collect information about the phone network associated with your mobile device, your mobile device’s operating system or platform, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device’s unique device ID, and information about the features of our application(s) you accessed.
- Push Notifications. We may request to send you push notifications regarding your account or certain features of the application(s). If you wish to opt out from receiving these types of communications, you may turn them off in your device’s settings.
This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our application(s), for troubleshooting, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes. All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete, and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information. Automated methods we use:
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use, or navigate the Services. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Services, and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Services, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes. The information we collect includes:
- Log and Usage Data. Log and usage data is service-related, diagnostic, usage, and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use our Services and which we record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type, and settings and information about your activity in the Services (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches, and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports (sometimes called “crash dumps”), and hardware settings).
- Device Data. We collect device data such as information about your computer, phone, tablet, or other device you use to access the Services. Depending on the device used, this device data may include information such as your IP address (or proxy server), device and application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model, Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, operating system, and system configuration information.
Processing your information We process your personal information for a variety of reasons, depending on how you interact with our Services, including:
- Location Data. We collect location data such as information about your device’s location, which can be either precise or imprecise. How much information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access the Services. For example, we may use GPS and other technologies to collect geolocation data that tells us your current location (based on your IP address). You can opt out of allowing us to collect this information either by refusing access to the information or by disabling your Location setting on your device. However, if you choose to opt out, you may not be able to use certain aspects of the Services.
- To facilitate account creation and authentication and otherwise manage user accounts. We may process your information so you can create and log in to your account, as well as keep your account in working order.
- To deliver and facilitate delivery of services to the user. We may process your information to provide you with the requested service.
- To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. We may process your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the requested service.
- To protect our Services. We may process your information as part of our efforts to keep our Services safe and secure, including fraud monitoring and prevention.
Sharing your information
- To comply with our legal obligations. We may process your information to comply with our legal obligations, respond to legal requests, and exercise, establish, or defend our legal rights.
We may need to share your personal information in the following situations:
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
Protection of your information
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting, or other legal requirements). No purpose in this notice will require us keeping your personal information for longer than the period of time in which users have an account with us. When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize such information, or, if this is not technically feasible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion technically feasible . We have implemented appropriate and reasonable technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Services is at your own risk. You should only access the Services within a secure environment. Collecting information from minors
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Services, you represent that you are at least 18. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we may have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at [email protected]
. Your rights Withdrawing your consent:
If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, which may be express and/or implied consent depending on the applicable law, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us. However, please note that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal, nor when applicable law allows, will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent. Account information
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can do so by either updating information in the web tool (outside of this mobile application) or contacting us using the contact information provided. Upon your request to terminate your account, we will review the account deactivation request. In the event the account is deactivated, and information is deleted, we may retain some information in our files to prevent fraud, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our legal terms and/or to comply with any applicable laws. Controls for do-not-track features
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. At this stage no uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized. As such, we do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. If a standard for online tracking is adopted that we must follow in the future, we will inform you about that practice in a revised version of this privacy notice. California residents
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below. If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with Services, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Services. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Services, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from all our systems (e.g., backups, etc.). CCPA Privacy Notice
The California Code of Regulations defines a “resident” as: (1) every individual who is in the State of California for other than a temporary or transitory purpose and (2) every individual who is domiciled in the State of California who is outside the State of California for a temporary or transitory purpose All other individuals are defined as “non-residents.” If this definition of “resident” applies to you, we must adhere to certain rights and obligations regarding your personal information.
Categories of personal information we collect
|Category ||Examples ||Collected |
|A. Identifiers ||Contact details, such as real name, alias, postal address, telephone or mobile contact number, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, and account name ||YES |
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute ||Name, contact information, education, employment, employment history, and financial information ||YES |
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law ||Gender and date of birth ||YES |
|D. Commercial information ||Transaction information, purchase history, financial details, and payment information ||YES |
|E. Biometric information ||Fingerprints and voiceprints ||NO |
|F. Internet or other similar network activity ||Browsing history, search history, online behavior, interest data, and interactions with our and other web services, applications, systems, and advertisements ||NO |
|G. Geolocation data ||Device location ||YES |
|H. Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information ||Images and audio, video or call recordings created in connection with our business activities ||NO |
|I. Professional or employment-related information ||Business contact details in order to provide you our services at a business level or job title, work history, and professional qualifications if you apply for a job with us ||NO |
|J. Education Information ||Student records and directory information ||NO |
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information ||Inferences drawn from any of the collected personal information listed above to create a profile or summary about, for example, an individual’s preferences and characteristics ||YES |
We may also collect other personal information outside of these categories instances where you interact with us in person, online, or by phone or mail in the context of:
- Receiving help through our customer support channels; and
- Facilitation in the delivery of our Services and to respond to your inquiries.
We may disclose your personal information with our service providers pursuant to a written contract between us and each service provider. Each service provider is a for-profit entity that processes the information on our behalf. We may use your personal information for our own business purposes, such as for undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration. This is not considered to be “selling” of your personal information. We have not disclosed or sold any personal information to third parties for a business or commercial purpose in the preceding twelve (12) months. We will not sell personal information in the future belonging to website visitors, users, and other consumers. Your rights with respect to your personal data
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the collection of your Personal Information and its use by us. We will retain your Personal Information for as long as reasonably useful for commercial purposes. At any time, if you disagree with our use of your Personal Information, you may contact us at [email protected]
to correct, update or request deletion of your Personal Information. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable, but please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and there may be residual information that will not be removed or changed. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we will retain your Personal Information if necessary to comply with the law, resolve disputes or comply with or enforce our agreements. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by us to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to [email protected]
. If we have sent you a promotional or marketing email, you may opt-out by following the unsubscribe instructions included in the email. Verification process:
Upon receiving your request, we will need to verify your identity to determine you are the same person about whom we have the information in our system. These verification efforts require us to ask you to provide information so that we can match it with information you have previously provided us. For instance, depending on the type of request you submit, we may ask you to provide certain information so that we can match the information you provide with the information we already have on file, or we may contact you through a communication method (e.g., phone or email) that you have previously provided to us. We may also use other verification methods as the circumstances dictate. We will only use personal information provided in your request to verify your identity or authority to make the request. To the extent possible, we will avoid requesting additional information from you for the purposes of verification. However, if we cannot verify your identity from the information already maintained by us, we may request that you provide additional information for the purposes of verifying your identity and for security or fraud-prevention purposes. We will delete such additionally provided information as soon as we finish verifying you. To exercise these rights, you can contact us by email at [email protected]
. You may also contact us at: 125 Technology Parkway Peachtree Corners, GA 30092 Attn: Privacy Officer 1.888.598.7797 Effective Date: July 6, 2022 Last updated: July 6, 2022