At Brightree LLC and its subsidiaries (“Brightree”, “we”, or “us”), we care about your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes the types of information we may collect when you visit our websites, mobile sites, applications, social media pages that we control, and HTML formatted email messages (collectively, the “Sites”), and our practices for collecting, using, protecting, and sharing that information.
Information we collect
When you use our Sites, we may collect your Personal Information when you provide us, from other sources, or through automated methods. Personal Information is:
- Information that identifies you as an individual, such as: Your name, postal address, email address, phone number, credit and debit card number, profile picture, social media account and others;
- Unique identifiers, such as your username, password, marketing preferences, browser type, IP address, the equipment you use to access our Sites and your usage and navigation details.
- Information about you from third party sources such as companies, organizations, affiliates, ad networks, public databases and others.
Automated methods we use: As you navigate through and interact with our Sites, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect Personal information: The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web logging. We may collect certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include IP addresses, browser type, operating system, date/time stamp and/or clickstream data.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Sites may contain small electronic files known as web beacons that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related Sites statistics.
We may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Some web browsers include a “Do Not Track” feature. However, Our Sites do not respond to web browser “Do Not Track” signals.
How we use your personal information
We may use the information collected for the following purposes:
- To present our Sites and its contents to you.
- To improve the content on our Sites.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To Market our products and Services.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Sites.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
How we share your personal information
We may only disclose Personal Information as follows:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Brightree’s assets.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Brightree, our customers, or others.
- We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the collection of your Personal Information and its use by us. We will retain your Personal Information for as long as reasonably useful for commercial purposes. At any time, if you disagree with our use of your Personal Information, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to correct, update or request deletion of your Personal Information. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable, but please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and there may be residual information that will not be removed or changed. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we will retain your Personal Information if necessary to comply with the law, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
If you do not wish to have your contact information used by us to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional or marketing email, you may opt-out by following the unsubscribe instructions included in the email.
Visitors from the European economic area
Our Sites are intended only for United States users. However, visitors of our Sites who live in the European Economic Area may have some additional rights in regards to the processing of their Personal Information. The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation and other applicable data protection laws provide certain rights for data subjects.
You are entitled to request details of the personal data we hold about you and how we process it. You may also have the right in accordance with applicable data protection law to:
- have it rectified or deleted,
- restrict our processing of that personal data,
- stop unauthorized transfers of your personal data to a third party; and in some circumstances,
- to have personal data relating to you transferred to another organization.
Your rights are not absolute and we will assess them upon your request. If you would like to exercise these rights or if you have other questions about the processing of your personal data, you may file a request or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Children under the age of 13
Our Sites are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any Personal Information on the Sites. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on our Sites. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
How we protect your personal information
We have implemented security measures designed to protect your Personal Information collected on our Sites from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. We make reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Information stored on our Site’s servers by using computer security products (such as firewalls) and by establishing industry standard safeguards.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Sites. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Sites.
You may also contact us at: 1735 N Brown Rd, Suite 500 Lawrenceville, GA 30043 Attn: Privacy Officer 1.888.598.7797
Last modified: 01/02/2019